Verdict Verified. Courtroom Ready.
Tags: Medical Malpractice Personal Injury Attorney, Tampa, Sarasota
Medical Malpractice – Personal Injury AttorneyMedical malpractice cases involve a high degree of skill and expertise. Many lawyers shy away from medical malpractice because the risk is high and the costs to see the case through trial can be significant. Medical malpractice cases are complex, require technical knowledge, access to top medical experts, and knowledge of how to prepare and present the case to the jury. We have the experience, the resources, and the resolve to take on these cases and fight for you. Doctors, nurses, hospitals, nursing homes, testing facilities, and other healthcare providers strive to do their best, but they’re not perfect. The unfortunate truth is that medical errors cause more injuries and deaths each year than car accidents.Medical malpractice occurs when a doctor, hospital, or other healthcare provider fails to provide the standard of care expected by a reasonably competent member of the medical community in the same specialty, when providing treatment to a similar patient in similar circumstances, causing the patient to suffer pain, injury, or even death.Medical malpractice claims generally result from specific types of incompetence or inaction by a healthcare provider.The three most common types of medical malpractice claims are as follows:
- Misdiagnosis or Failure to Diagnose
- This occurs when a doctor misdiagnoses or fails to diagnose an illness that a competent doctor would have diagnosed promptly and correctly.
- Improper Procedure, Performance of a Procedure, or Treatment of an Illness
- This occurs when a doctor performs an improper procedure, improperly performs a procedure, or improperly treats an illness, resulting in undue harm, injury, or death to a patient.
- Failure to Communicate Risks Involved
- A doctor is responsible for communicating all known risks to a patient that the patient
- Anesthesia Errors
- Birth Injuries
- Cardiology Malpractice
- Dental Malpractice
- Emergency Medicine Malpractice
- Failure to Diagnose
- Hospital Negligence
- Medication Errors
- Nerve Injuries
- Nursing Home Negligence/Managed Care Malpractice
- Nursing Negligence
- OB/GYN Malpractice
- Orthopedic Malpractice
- Pediatric Malpractice
- Radiologist Malpractice
- Robotic-Assisted Surgery Malpractice
- Sexual Abuse by Medical Professionals
- Surgical Errors
If you believe that you, or a family member, are the victim of medical malpractice, please call us for a FREE CONSULTATION to see how we can help. Please know that time is of the essence in all malpractice cases, so please get in touch as soon as possible.