Sarasota Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
140 pedestrian crashes occurred in Sarasota in 2021. These resulted in 114 injuries and 13 deaths. Every year, motor vehicles also injure thousands of Florida pedestrians, and many of these crashes are deadly. Even seemingly minor pedestrian crashes can result in catastrophic injuries.
If you or a family member was hurt in a Sarasota pedestrian accident, you can count on the Matthews Injury Law for legal guidance and support. Our dedicated Sarasota pedestrian accident attorneys understand your worries and are ready to do all that they can to ensure that you’re properly compensated for your accident-associated losses.
Common Injuries Caused By Sarasota Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents can happen at low or high travel speeds. But even bike crashes at lower speeds may cause severe injuries because pedestrians are not adequately protected. With just their clothes and skin protecting them, pedestrians are immensely susceptible to nonfatal and fatal injuries from the motor vehicles they share the road with. Nonfatal pedestrian accidents usually result in these severe injuries:
- Brain and Head Injuries – Even minor pedestrian accidents can cause brain and head trauma. Even if you feel fine after hitting your head in a crash, head to the hospital to get yourself checked as soon as possible.
- Neck Injuries – Many injured victims of pedestrian accidents experience trauma to the cervical spine discs. Numbness and pain can be felt, even after days after the accident, so make sure to head to the doctor to get a proper diagnosis.
- Paralysis – Serious pedestrian crashes can sever the spinal cord and result in partial or complete paralysis.
- Fractured Bones – Pedestrian crashes often result in broken limbs, pelvises, and hips.
Main Causes of Sarasota Pedestrian Accidents
When drivers and other motorists fail to operate their vehicles safely, the consequences can be devastating, even fatal, particularly for pedestrians. The following are the main causes of Sarasota pedestrian accidents:
- Distracted driving, commonly texting while driving
- Unsafe lane changes
- Improper turning or crossing at intersections
- Driving while impaired due to alcohol and/or drugs
- Failing to give pedestrians the right-of-way, especially at crosswalks
- Driving too fast or not observing the posted speed limit
- Design defects in crosswalks
Damages You Can Seek in a Sarasota Pedestrian Accident Claim
- Ongoing, past, and future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Mental anguish
- Disability and disfigurement
- Lost companionship, care, or emotional support
An experienced Sarasota pedestrian accident attorney can compute all your losses and damages you’re entitled to recover under the law.
Get In Touch with Our Skilled Sarasota Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Now
With no income and more and more medical bills coming your way, you and your family will definitely feel the financial and emotional burden of the bicycle accident that led to your injuries. Our Sarasota pedestrian accident attorneys will fight for your right to compensation and negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurance carriers and lawyers to get the maximum amount of financial compensation you are owed.
Matthews Injury Law has successfully helped numerous pedestrian accident victims. Reach us by phone at 941-877-5800 or complete our online form to set up your free case evaluation with our Sarasota pedestrian accident attorney today.