Marisol joined the Matthews Injury Law Team in 2020. She handles cases involving auto and trucking accidents, wrongful death, and premises liability, helping to prosecute these cases through trial. Previously, Marisol worked as an associate attorney where her practice consisted of the representation of several community associations, real estate, family law, business litigation, and bankruptcy. She is fluent in English and Spanish.
Marisol is a Tampa native and a proud “double Gator”, having previously graduated from the University of Florida (UF) in 2013 with two bachelor’s degrees — a B.A. in Criminology & Law and a B.A. in Anthropology, then later graduating from the University of Florida Levin College of law in 2017.
Marisol has a passion for advocacy and actively volunteers with numerous pro bono projects ranging from helping children in foster care to assisting with cases for Bay Area Legal Services. During law school, Marisol worked extensively with Judge Rawls in the Dependency and Delinquency Clinic (Gator TeamChild), where she represented children in various types of proceedings. Upon graduating from law school, Marisol became a certified Guardian Ad Litem continuing her dependency and delinquency work in addition to helping human trafficking victims.
Marisol is very active in the legal community serving on the Young Lawyers Division Professionalism and Ethics committee, a member of the Stann Givens Family Law Inn of Court, a member of the Hispanic Bar, and a member of The Hillsborough Association of Women Lawyers.
*Marisol Ruiz is an employee of McIntyre Thanasides Bringgold Elliott Grimaldi Guito & Matthews, P.A.
- Committee Member, YLD Committee: Professionalism and Ethics: August 2019-Present
- Member, Stann Givens Family Law Inns of Court: August 2018-Present.
- Member, Hispanic Bar: August 2018-Present.
- Certified GAL Program & Certified GAL for Human Trafficking Victims: July 6, 2018-Present
- Volunteer- GAL Toy Drive at Hyde Park Methodist Church
- Committee Member, HAWL: August 2018-Present.
- Volunteer- Community Outreach Program at Joshua House, Children’s Home Society of Florida
- Volunteer-Read to Dream Program January 2020-Present
- Speaker/Lecturer at WMU-Thomas M. Cooley Law School on March 5, 2020.
- Speaker at Boca Ciega High School for Career Expo Fair on January 29, 2020.
- Speaker at Jefferson High School for the Great American Teach-in on November 21, 2019.
- Professionalism in Family Law, Hillsborough County Bar Association Lawyer Magazine January 2020.