What Are The Most Dangerous Roads in Sarasota for Drivers?
As of May 2022, there have been 2,348 motor vehicle crashes in Sarasota, and these crashed have resulted in 1,350 injuries and 17 deaths. In general, most of these accidents have occurred on these roads:
- Fruitville Road
- Tamiami Trail/U.S. 41
- Bahia Vista Street
- Tuttle Avenue
- Washington Boulevard/U.S. 301
- Bee Ridge Road
- Beneva Road
While these are known as the most dangerous roads in Sarasota, motor vehicle crashes can happen anywhere. Even if you were driving safely, another motorist might not be. Unfortunately, you just never know when a driver you are sharing the road with is driving drunk or drugged, recklessly, distracted, fatigued, speeding, or engaging in unsafe driving tactics.
What Are The Causes of Motor Vehicle Crashes in Sarasota?
The leading cause of motor vehicle crashes is driver error, which includes:
- Distracted Driving – Distracted driving can be anything from arguing or talking to passengers, looking at the surroundings, eating, tinkering on the radio, and the most common distraction of all, using a cellphone or other mobile device while driving.
- Driver Fatigue – Besides being more likely to doze off behind the wheel, being fatigued also slows down the reaction time needed to safely respond to road hazards. Likewise, fatigued drivers are likewise more prone to missing a stop sign or traffic signal compared to alert and focused drivers.
- Drunk or Drugged Driving – Drugs and alcohol are factors in many motor vehicle crashes, injuries, and deaths. When a drugged or drunk driver decides to drive, their decision-making, reaction time, and vision will be significantly impaired.
- Poor Decision-Making – Poor decision-making can cause drivers to drive recklessly, tailgate, drive too fast, or make all kinds of unsafe driving maneuvers without considering other road users, the road conditions, as well as local conditions like visibility and weather.
Apart from these driver errors, motor vehicle crashes can also result from a variety of external factors. The condition of the road could play a huge role in causing all sorts of accidents. Improperly or inadequately maintained roadways can reduce tire traction or make it hard for vehicles to stop in time to prevent a crash.
This also applies to weather conditions. Moisture, rain, and ice can make roads slippery, which can negatively impact driving conditions. The weather can likewise impair visibility when there’s heavy rain or fog. In addition, a vehicle’s mechanical performance can also cause or contribute to motor vehicle crashes. If a vehicle owner fails to maintain and service their vehicle regularly and properly, a malfunctioning brake system or defective tire can easily impede a driver’s ability to avoid road hazards.
Speak to an Experienced Sarasota Car Accident Lawyer Now
Have you or a loved one suffered injuries in a motor vehicle crash on Sarasota’s dangerous roads or anywhere else in the state? Reach out to the Sarasota car accident lawyer of Matthews Injury Law right away. Fill out our online form or call our office at 941-877-5800 to set up a free case evaluation with one of our Sarasota car accident lawyers.