Steps to Take After a Truck Accident in Tampa, FL
Being involved in a truck crash can be overwhelming and leave you confused about what you should do next. Because truck crashes are complex and usually involve various factors and multiple potentially liable parties, the most important thing you should do is to discuss the circumstances of your case with an experienced truck accident attorney who can handle the legal aspects of the claims process for you.
The following steps can likewise help protect your legal rights after getting involved in a truck crash.
Immediate Steps to Take After A Tampa, FL Truck Crash
- Head to the hospital for medical attention right away or call 911.
- Report the truck crash to the police.
- Identify all the parties involved and get their contact details.
- Capture photos and videos of the crash site and talk to witnesses if there are any.
- Seek legal guidance from an experienced truck accident attorney in Tampa before talking to any insurance company.
How a Tampa Truck Accident Attorney Can Help
Truck accidents may seem like regular motor vehicle accidents, but they are not. They normally involve more severe injuries than crashes involving smaller motor vehicles. Securing financial compensation following a truck crash is also more difficult. This is why guidance from a skilled attorney can be very helpful. Your attorney can:
- Uncover crucial evidence and prove fault for the crash – Your attorney can perform a thorough investigation into the possible causes of the truck crash and can gather all the necessary evidence that can explain how and why the crash occurred and why you are not at fault for the accident.
- Determine liability for the accident – Truck crashes are more challenging than other motor vehicle crashes since they typically involve multiple parties, such as the truck driver, truck company, truck manufacturer, and third-party contractors.
- Handle communications with all insurance providers – Insurance providers and their highly trained claims adjusters will try to use sneaky tactics to reduce your compensation or even deny your claim altogether. You can leave all the negotiations with the insurance company to your attorney, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
- Building the best strategy for your claim – An experienced attorney can evaluate your claim to figure out the best strategy for your claim. They can explore all the legal options that fit your case and move forward with the approach that would most likely garner the best outcome for your claim, whether it’s filing a claim against the liable parties, taking your case to trial, or negotiating the best possible settlement.
Consult with a Skilled Tampa Truck Accident Attorney
The Tampa truck accident attorneys of Matthews Injury Law know how complicated seeking compensation for a truck accident can be. You can learn more about your legal options and how much compensation you can receive in a free case evaluation. We’ll do our best to ensure that you receive fair compensation to cover all your truck accident-related losses.
Call our Tampa office at 813-530-1000 or send us a message online to arrange your appointment with one of our Tampa truck accident attorneys today.